Tasty Shrimp Toast
I love the shrimp toast I get at my local oriental restaurant, and wanted to make it at home. I asked the server if she knew how to make it and she sent the chef out to tell me. I tried it today, and it tasted just like at the restaurant. Hope you enjoy this one too!!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 4 water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 6 slices white bread, thinly sliced
- oil (for frying)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- Mince shrimp.
- Add water chestnuts, salt, sugar, 1 Tbls.
- cornstarch and 1 egg.
- Beat egg white and blend in 1 Tbls.
- Remove crusts from bread and cut into 4 triangles.
- Brush one side of bread with egg white mixture and then shrimp past.
- Fry shrimp side down in 375degree F.
- oil until golden.
- Carefully turn and brown bread side.
- Serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Great recipe!! I love shrimp toast, they are expensive at most of my local places, they only give you 4 for 6.95. They are just to easy to make to pay that much. Had a recipe yrs ago and couldn't find it, this one is better than my old one, Thanks for sharing!! I would be curious to know how they turned out baked, not a big fan of frying but I love shrimp toast I just don't know if they'd turn out the same by baking. I would love to know though if anyone tries it.Reply