Recipe by M&Mers
In this flavorful dish, you can adjust the amounts to suit your personal tastes...I happen to like garlic and Parmesan cheese. If you have any leftovers, you can add a little more milk and heat briefly in the microwave oven.
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was good and easy to make. I had a pound of shrimp so I used it all. I cut back on the garlic as I thought it would be too much for us. I also didn't have green onions so used onion powder. I also used 2% milk instead of whole milk as that is what I buy. I added the parmesan cheese to the sauce mixture. I doubled the sauce ingredients as I was also making mahi mahi so I topped it with the shrimp alfredo. We all enjoyed this.
- 3⁄4 lb medium raw shrimp or 3⁄4 lb shrimp, peeled
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and cut in half
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- seasoning salt
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot of boiling water, cook fettucini until it's al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Drain well, and return to pot.
- Mean while, whisk cornstarch into milk and set aside.
- On medium heat, heat oil and butter in a large frying pan.
- Cook garlic for about 5 minutes or until soft but not browned.
- Mash soft garlic with the back of a fork.
- Add peeled shrimp and onions.
- Cook just until shrimp turns pink, about 1 1/2 minutes (shrimp will continue to cook as you add the rest of the ingredients).
- Briefly stir milk mixture and pour into frying pan.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Pour mixture over fettucini.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir to combine.