Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
In this flavorful dish, you can adjust the amounts to suit your personal tastes...I happen to like garlic and Parmesan cheese. If you have any leftovers, you can add a little more milk and heat briefly in the microwave oven.
- 3⁄4 lb medium raw shrimp or 3⁄4 lb shrimp, peeled
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and cut in half
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- seasoning salt
- fresh ground pepper
- In large pot of boiling water, cook fettucini until it's al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Drain well, and return to pot.
- Mean while, whisk cornstarch into milk and set aside.
- On medium heat, heat oil and butter in a large frying pan.
- Cook garlic for about 5 minutes or until soft but not browned.
- Mash soft garlic with the back of a fork.
- Add peeled shrimp and onions.
- Cook just until shrimp turns pink, about 1 1/2 minutes (shrimp will continue to cook as you add the rest of the ingredients).
- Briefly stir milk mixture and pour into frying pan.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Pour mixture over fettucini.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir to combine.
This was good and easy to make. I had a pound of shrimp so I used it all. I cut back on the garlic as I thought it would be too much for us. I also didn't have green onions so used onion powder. I also used 2% milk instead of whole milk as that is what I buy. I added the parmesan cheese to the sauce mixture. I doubled the sauce ingredients as I was also making mahi mahi so I topped it with the shrimp alfredo. We all enjoyed this.
This was really good. Did not have the onions and added twice the garlic. Only trouble I had was with the sauce thickening up I added a cup of cream with two table spoons of cornstarch, in addition to the cup of whole milk and teaspoon of cornstarch, it was thick just like I like it and creamy. I will make this again even without the shrimp maybe with chicken some time. Yum.
I've always hated Alfredo sauce from a jar, but the addition of heavy cream made it taste homemade. I made this exactly as stated and it was FANTASTIC!. - I'll try it with chicken next time.<br/><br/>Easy to make -- a definite keeper. Thanks!!!!