Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found these on another recipe board make them and really liked them.
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 lb cleaned and deveined shrimp
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 12 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Melt butter over medium heat in a frying pan, add peppers, onions,jalapeno pepper,garlic and oregano.
- Cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Mix in the cream and broth.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese until melted.
- Remove from heat add the sour cream.
- Keep warm.
- Makes 2 1/2 cups sauce.
- Heat oven 350:. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium/high heat. Add shrimp and 1/2 of the green onions-cook until the shrimp are pink. Stir in 1/2 of the tomatoes and 1/2 of the sauce/ Spoon shrimp mixture into tortillas and roll up. Place seam side down in a baking dish. Spoon remaining sauce over the rolled tortillas, cover and bake 30 minutes or until hot. Uncover and sprinkle with the remaining cheese and tomatoes. Bake until cheese melts.
These are delish! I found the whole recipe on CD Kitchen, so google Shrimp Enchiladas CD Kitchen and it should come right up. Also, I've submitted a correction, so hopefully the full recipe will appear here shortly.
Step 10 says now let's find out how to finish these enchiladas. So how do you finish them? I could not find any more information. Please any one how do you finish them?
Fabulous. I really enjoyed making these and eating them. I doulbed the white and red pepper and used 2 jalepenos as like everything spiced up. They also freeze really well and make a quick meal to reheat. Thanks.