Shrimp Enchilada (Casserole)
photo by Laurenhanna
- Ready In:
- 10 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 lb shrimp (I use cooked frozen, defrosted)
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 cup mushroom (chopped) (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups red peppers (half green half red, sliced, you can use frozen)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion (sperated in half)
- Heat oven to 425, spray oil in 9x13in pan.
- In med sauce pan, heat and mix shrimp, 3/4 cup enchilada sauce, green chiles, mushrooms, and peppers over med-high for about 5 minutes or until pretty hot, stirring occationally. if you dont use my encilada sauce recipe, add spiceyness to taste. (red pepper flakes, jalapenos ect.).
- while shrimp mix is heating, place 1/2 cup enchilada sauce in bottom of baking pan and place 4 tortillas (I cut a couple in half and place against edges to cover more of the surface area!) spread the can of beans over the tortillas.
- spoon 1/2 of the shrimp mix over the beans in the baking dish, sprinkle half of the green onion over the shrimp mix, cover with or 4 more torillas (they will overlap) and spoon rest of the shrimp mix over the tortillas.
- top with remaining tortillas (I cut them into quarters and just lay them out evenly) and pour remaining enchilada sauce over entire dish! cover with foil and bake 20 minute.
- after 20 min, uncover, top with cheese and sprinkle remaining onion over cheese and bake 5 more minute Enjoy!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Im getting ready to Go to Le courdon bleu in seattle to start my cooking career - so Ill be sure to keep posting recipes ive learned as well as recipes I come up with on my own - I personally am a Vegan (no dairy or meat for me!) But i Do cook for those who want to purchase meat. Being a vegan is certainly not something i protest - just feel better about myself and like knowing exatly what is gonig into my lil body!! (So thanks For all your vegan recipes everyone!) Please rate and comment so I can see what kind of feed back I get with my meals! hope you enjoy! Stick around, many more recipes to come!