Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from Heloise. Putting here for safe keeping and to share. It was in today's newspaper.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peeled deveined shrimp
- 1 medium onion, thinly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- Melt butter or margarine in a frying pan; add the shrimp and onion, and sauté for about 3 minutes. Do not brown.
- Sprinkle a little flour at a time into the mixture. Add a little milk slowly, continuously stirring to avoid lumps. Add mustard, nutmeg, salt and pepper, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the cream cheese(cut into thin slices) until it is completely blended, then warm through, but do not boil.
- Serve with cooked rice or noodles. Cooking and prep times are approximate. The recipe didn't say.