Recipe by Maya's Mama
Just a little something I threw together in a rush and my husband loved it, so I thought I'd share.
Top Review by Lacy S.
This was pretty good! I added about 1/2 tbls more of mayo to help it come together a little better. As another reviewer suggested I started the shrimp before the rice... Everything came out really well. Thanks for the great recipe Einas!
- 1 lb shrimp, thawed and peeled
- 1⁄2 cup basmati rice (or other white rice doesn't really matter what kind)
- 1 leek, white and light green stalk sliced real thin
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Start cooking the rice:.
- Add rice and water to a pot (or rice cooker).
- In a separate pot:.
- Add shrimp leeks and butter, stir at high heat for 3 minutes.
- Turn stove to low heat.
- Add curry powder, coriander and garlic salt; stir well.
- Allow to simmer COVERED for 5 minute.
- Add mayo; stir well. The mixture should be a pale yellow color.
- At this point the rice should be about half done and there should be a fair amount of water in the pot.
- Add rice and it's water to the shrimp mixture; stir well.
- Cover and allow the rice to cook for a further 6 minutes or until the water has been absorbed but before the rice burns at the base of the pan.