Prep 40 mins
Cook 5 mins
Want something different for lunch? My sis and I thought this wrap was very good and filling. Inspired by Southeast Asian cuisine.
- 10 medium shrimp, cooked,peeled,deveined and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium kirby cucumber, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 2 green leafy lettuce leaves, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 large burrito-size flour tortillas, warmed
- In a mixing bowl, add the shrimp, cucumber, onion, vinegar, lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, mint, jalapeno peppers, coriander, and salt; stir to combine.
- Let sit for 5 minutes Add the rice and lettuce; toss to coat.
- Lay warm tortillas on flat surface.
- Place half the salad mixture in a thick horizontal strip across the bottom third of each tortilla (don't let ingredients get too close the edges).
- Fold in the two sides of the tortilla and roll-up bottom to top (burrito-style).
- Cut in half on the bias and eat immediately.
Just made this and it's really nice. I changed it by only using the sambal part to accompany our lamb sate for lunch and put in fresh coriander instead of ground and also some shiso leaves too instead of the mint.
I didn't expect to like this as much as I did. Very interesting use of ingredients that were very tasty when put all together. Definitely not a boring wrap. Alive with flavor and something I will make again. Probably next week, in fact. Thank-you for sharing this recipe.