Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 12 ounces peeled and deveined medium shrimp (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of shrimp soup, condensed
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups dry French bread cubes
- Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large saucepan, cook the shrimp in a large amount of boiling water for 1-3 minutes or just until the shrimp turn opaque; drain well and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, cook the celery and onion in hot butter over med heat until tender.
- Add in soup, milk, sage, thyme, and pepper; stir to combine.
- Add in eggs; mix well.
- Fold in dry bread cubes and cooked shrimp.
- Transfer to an ungreased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake about 15 minutes more or until set in center.
- Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes before serving.
Delicious and different! I made this for house guests, who enjoyed having seafood while visiting the Florida Keys. The sage and thyme give it that typical Thanksgiving flavor; I would like to experiment with substituting dill, Old Bay or creole seasoning.