24 hrs 30 mins
I came up with this recipe after having great ceviche at Mojito's in Pasadena. My husband, Cooper, can't tolerate onions so I wanted to develop great flavor without onions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb shrimp, raw, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb bay scallop, raw
- 3/4 cup lime juice (should completely cover shrimp and scallops)
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup lime juice (in addition to above lime juice)
- 1/4 cup tequila (in additon to above tequila)
- 1 large fresh tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, pack loosely in cup, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped (wear plastic gloves to handle jalapenos!)
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced (optional)
- 8 ounces tortilla chips
- 1Chop the raw shrimp and scallops (if necessary) into dime size pieces.
- 2Place in bowl and cover with lime juice, stir in the tequila.
- 3Mix, cover and refrigerate overnight. (This 'cooks' the seafood).
- 4Chop all vegetables and herbs/spices (except the avocado) into pieces smaller than the seafood and mix with the 1/4 cup lime juice and tequila. Add Tabasco Sauce. Stir, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 5The next day drain the brine from the seafood. Pour the seafood into the vegetable mix. Toss. Serve with guacamole or sliced avocado, additional tabasco sauce on the side and tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Scallop Ceviche (No Onions)
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.1
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 64.5 mg
- Sodium 496.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 13.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: