Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Southern Living; for special occasions.
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1 lb shrimp, deveined and cooked
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crushed cracker crumb
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon paprika
Medium Cream Sauce
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk or 3 cups half-and-half
- Medium Cream Sauce: Melt butter in a sauce pan; stir in flour and cook for a minute; add milk or half and half and stir constantly until sauce thicken.
- Saute shrimp and crabmeat in butter.
- Add sherry, sharp cheese, and hot cream sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat thoroughly and pour into a casserole or individual au gratins.
- Sprinkle top with cracker crumbs, Romano cheese, and paprika.
- Dot with butter and cook at 350 degrees until golden brown.
Ya know, when a chef lives in south Louisiana a chef's got to do what a chef's got to do. I added green bell pepper, celery and green onions. I couldn't disguise them in my photo so I have to own up to it. This is absolutely a delightful and company-worthy dish.
Just the recipe I was looking for! Our favorite restaurant in Highlands, NC serves this dish. With the addition of mushrooms, a little vidalia onion, and a dash or two of worchestshire, it turned out so perfect my hubby raved and gave this one 10 stars. QUICK, EASY, DELICIOUS
Used a box of Red Lobster Biscuit mix. Used 9X13 pan and spread as a crust. Baked halfway and brushed with butter herb mix. Then topped with the au gratin and baked as instructed. OMG. Amazing.