Southern Living; for special occasions.
Make and share this Shrimp and Crabmeat Au Gratin recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1 lb shrimp, deveined and cooked
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crushed cracker crumb
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon paprika
Medium Cream Sauce
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk or 3 cups half-and-half
- Medium Cream Sauce: Melt butter in a sauce pan; stir in flour and cook for a minute; add milk or half and half and stir constantly until sauce thicken.
- Saute shrimp and crabmeat in butter.
- Add sherry, sharp cheese, and hot cream sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat thoroughly and pour into a casserole or individual au gratins.
- Sprinkle top with cracker crumbs, Romano cheese, and paprika.
- Dot with butter and cook at 350 degrees until golden brown.