1/1 Photo of Shrimp and Crabmeat Au Gratin
1 hr 30 mins
Southern Living; for special occasions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1 lb shrimp, deveined and cooked
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed cracker crumb
- 1/2 cup romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon paprika
Medium Cream Sauce
- 1Medium Cream Sauce: Melt butter in a sauce pan; stir in flour and cook for a minute; add milk or half and half and stir constantly until sauce thicken.
- 2Saute shrimp and crabmeat in butter.
- 3Add sherry, sharp cheese, and hot cream sauce.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Heat thoroughly and pour into a casserole or individual au gratins.
- 6Sprinkle top with cracker crumbs, Romano cheese, and paprika.
- 7Dot with butter and cook at 350 degrees until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Crabmeat Au Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 551.2
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 237.8 mg
- Sodium 1102.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 39.0 g