Shrimp Au Gratin
Since I don't care for crab I came up with this to take the place of shrimp and crab gratins.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 lb cooked medium shrimp
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Remove shells and tails from shrimp.
- Cook onion in butter until tender; stir in flour and seasonings.
- Add milk gradually and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add 3/4 cup cheese and heat until melted.
- Stir in shrimp and mix well.
- Pour into 4 to 6 individual well-greased ramekins.
- Combine melted butter, bread crumbs and remaining 1/4 cup of cheese; sprinkle over top of each ramekin.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10-12 minutes or until bubbly and brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION