Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is delicious and easy to make! I got the recipe from the New Orleans School of Cooking and have made this numerous time for dinner parties. Enjoy!
- 24 ounces quartered artichokes
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Combine artichokes, chicken broth, green onions, salt, cajun seasoning, and thyme and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer for about 12 minutes.
- Combine butter and flour for a light roux and slowly add to the simmering pot.
- Slowly stir in heavy cream and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with chopped parsley for garnish.
Made this for a party...turned out pretty good. I doctored it a little bit with 4 cloves of garlic, a few generous dashes of hot sauce (recommend tabasco, crystal, or louisiana brand hot sauce), and a squeeze of lemon at the very end for some brightness.
A friend of mine made this and I had to have the recipe. I'm so glad I found it. This is fantastic!