Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry - This is my tasty version of a popular appetizer served at a local restaurant. The crispy yet chewy "baskets" made with the shredded potatoes (hashbrowns) takes this side dish to the next level and is a family favorite.
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 large egg
- 2 -3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (12 ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Generously coat 2 6-compartment non-stick muffin tins with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, egg and flour, adding just enough flour so mixture "sticks together". Divide evenly among the prepared muffin compartments. Using the back of a spoon, firmly press potato mixture into bottom and up sides of each compartment, making a "well" in each.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until just starting to brown. Remove from oven and divide shredded cheese evenly among cups and top each with crumbled bacon. Return to oven and bake another 5-10 minutes or until "baskets" are golden brown and cheese and bacon is hot, melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. To serve: gently run the tip of a sharp knife blade around rim of each cup to loosen. Release each basket and place on serving platter.
Very good. I wonder how they would be with a little diced onion and green pepper? Did not need all the flour so I was glad I read the recipe for the notation to use just enough to hold it together. I will be making these again.
Love the photo and the recipe sounds fantastic!!!!
These cute little cups pack a lot of flavor for only having 5 ingredients - but then when one of them is bacon ....well, need I say more!