1/1 Photo of shredded lamb tagine
5 hrs 15 mins
the best thing about "philly cooks" a fund raiser for aids which featured 50 of philly's finest resteraunts, was this dish! after i went back for the 3rd time i persuaded the adorable chef of Valanni's to share his recipe- and he did. when i made this at home it was every bit as good as the original.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1have your butcher cut the lamb for you leaving the shoulder bone in, but removing the rib bones and extra fat.
- 2preheat oven to 350.
- 3trim fat off the roast.
- 4brown in a frying pan on all sides, remove.
- 5score the meat on all sides and rub with mixed cumin, coriander, salt, pepper.
- 6put into a tagine or a roasting pan, roast uncovered for 30 minutes.
- 7remove and lower heat to 250.
- 8add onions, carrots and scallions to lamb, to cover pour chicken stock in to fill half way cover and cook aprox 4 hours.
- 9remove from oven.
- 10the lamb will be very tender and the 2 large bones will come right out.
- 11you can shred the lamb with 2 forks.
- 12put the tagine or roaster on the stovetop and reduce the cooking liquid to 1/2, about 20 minutes.
- 13add lamb back, serve.
- 14this tastes great topped with a dab of fig jam.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for shredded lamb tagine
Serving Size: 1 (477 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 875.1
- Calories from Fat 598
- Total Fat 66.4 g
- Saturated Fat 28.3 g
- Cholesterol 219.7 mg
- Sodium 303.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 53.5 g