Recipe by JenniferK2
We love tacos around here, so this is a favorite. I have used the meat to make burritos and enchiladas too. This recipe also works well with pork. The house smells so good when it is cooking! Leftovers freeze great too.
Top Review by angeemiller
This was a huge hit at a Mexican dinner party I threw.i actually used stew beef, already cut into cubes but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Amazing flavor...I'm making this part of our regular dinner rotation.
- 3 lbs beef roast, trimmed of excess fat (I have used brisket, chuck, sirloin, bottom round)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (leave some seeds if you want it spicier)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place onion in slow cooker and top with beef roast.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over beef roast.
- Cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Remove roast from slow cooker, reserving juice.
- Use 2 forks to shred meat; mix in enough of the reserved juice until it is the desired consistency.
- Use as filling to tacos, burritos, enchiladas, quesadillas, or nachos.