Awesome Shredded Beef Burritos or Tacos (Crock Pot)
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
- 3 lbs beef roast (I use whatever is on sale)
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Ortega taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies (I use diced tomatoes with jalapenos)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place roast in crock pot.
- Sprinkle with taco seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Top with diced tomatoes.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours.
- Remove beef from crock pot and shred with two forks. Return beef to crock pot for 30 minutes or so.
- Serve rolled in flour tortillas with your favorite toppings or in taco shells with your favorite toppings.
Join The Conversation
True to its name, this made the most awesome tacos! I used a 2 pound boneless beef chuck (which worked well because all I had was a 10 oz. jar of Rotel), placed that on top of sliced onions, and rubbed the spices onto both sides of the beef. It was perfectly cooked and seasoned and not too spicy. No more ground beef tacos for this family. Thank you!
Great filling! I'm not putting any stars on this rating because I made a serious change to the recipe, using 1 1/2 cups of salsa in place of the tomatoes with chiles, since I had no chiles on hand. I followed your method as written, although I refrigerated the beef mix overnight and defatted it before using for my burritos. For the taco seasoning, I used recipe #199955, and for the roast I used a bottom round, which required a full ten hours to get tender enough to shred. Definitely a make again recipe. Thanks for posting!