Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Posting for ZWT5. From my crock pot recipe book.
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes, undrainded
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1/2in pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package fajita seasoning mix
- 12 flour tortillas (8in)
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar cheese
- cut flank steak into 6 portions, place in crock pot.
- combine tomatoes with juice, jalapeno, onions, green pepper, garlic and fajita seasoning mix in med bowl.
- pour over steak, cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- remove beef from crock pot, shred with two forks, return to crock pot and stir.
- To Serve:.
- place meat mixture evenly into flour tortillas, add toppings as desired and roll up tortillas.
Just got a new crock pot and this was the first recipe I decided to try. I substituted a round steak for the flank steak due to cost, but think it would have been a little better with the flank. This did have a lot of extra liquid so I might drain some of the tomato juice next time but overall this was a very delicious recipe. I made some guacamole and texas caviar to go with it and it was a very tasty meal!
Made this as directed but had to substitute chuck steak for the flank steak. Also, I left the jalapeno seeds in because we like it spicy. Used Chef #6651 's Fajita Seasoning Mix for the seasoning. There seemed to be a lot of extra liquid with this. I think next time I might try substituting the can of tomatoes and the jalapeno with one 10 oz can of Diced tomatoes and peppers. This had a lot of good flavor - will make again. Made for Saucy Senoritas Family Favorites ZWT5.
Absolutely delicious! Such an easy recipe and the aroma is intoxicating. I had this simmering in the Crock Pot today while I was teaching an in-house class and my student wanted to stay for dinner! Thanks daisygrl64!!!