Recipe by daisygrl64
Posting for ZWT5. From my crock pot recipe book.
Top Review by ahalstead
Just got a new crock pot and this was the first recipe I decided to try. I substituted a round steak for the flank steak due to cost, but think it would have been a little better with the flank. This did have a lot of extra liquid so I might drain some of the tomato juice next time but overall this was a very delicious recipe. I made some guacamole and texas caviar to go with it and it was a very tasty meal!
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes, undrainded
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1/2in pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package fajita seasoning mix
- 12 flour tortillas (8in)
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- cut flank steak into 6 portions, place in crock pot.
- combine tomatoes with juice, jalapeno, onions, green pepper, garlic and fajita seasoning mix in med bowl.
- pour over steak, cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- remove beef from crock pot, shred with two forks, return to crock pot and stir.
- To Serve:.
- place meat mixture evenly into flour tortillas, add toppings as desired and roll up tortillas.