This salad is one of the most popular here in Bulgaria. Its name "Shopska" comes from one of the regions of the country (the one surrounding the capital) but it can be found everywhere. And "salata" means simply salad. I hope you enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the roasted peppers, remove the seeds and cut them into ½ inch squares.
- 2Cut the tomatoes into large cubes and the cucumber in two long halves and then in slices.
- 3Mince the onion and the parsley and put them in a salad bowl with the vegetables.
- 4Add oil, vinegar and salt to taste and mix well.
- 5Sprinkle the salad with the grated feta cheese and some chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shopska Salata Salad
Serving Size: 1 (413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.6
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 44.5 mg
- Sodium 570.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted sweet peppers