Recipe by diner524
I watched a video on the Food Network by Paula Deen for this recipe. But when I searched the recipes for this it was different than what she did in the video. So here is my guess at the amounts she used in the video.
Top Review by Sonny-N-Shar
This is the 2nd time in a week I've made this recipe! I cook a large roast in the crock pot and split it up for 2 meals. I do not use as much butter as this calls for. But, it still comes out great.
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pot roast, cubed (leftover)
- 3⁄4 cup gravy, leftover
- salt and black pepper
- 3 cups mashed potatoes, leftover
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cups biscuit mix, instant
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn, prepared according to package directions (or mixed vegetables)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beef Layer:.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter. Add beef and cook until browned, add the gravy to heat up. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Biscuit Layer:.
- Combine biscuit mix and 1 1/2 cups of milk. The mix should be thinner than that of normal biscuit mix but not runny.
- Spray a 9 by 9 by 2-inch pan (or any similar casserole dish) with cooking spray. Layer mashed potatoes halfway up the sides of the dish. Next, spread a layer of corn or mixed vegetables on top of the potatoes. Then add the layer of meat and gravy. Pour the biscuit mix over the meat. Melt 4 tablespoons of butter and drizzle over top. Bake for approximately 35 to 45 minutes or until top is golden brown. Let stand for a few minutes before serving.