1/1 Photo of Sesame Peanut Chicken
Vicarjane in Western MA's Note:
cold poached chicken with hot, spicy sesame peanut sauce Adapted this from a recipe I found years ago...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -1 1/2 lb boneless cold poached chicken (see below)
for the sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 1/2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce (or more to taste, sriracha or sambal oeleck.)
- if unavaiable Tabasco sauce or crushed red pepper flakes
- fresh ground black pepper
- set aside 3 sliced scallion (or more)
- 1First take 1 or 1 1/2 lb boneless chicken parts (thighs and breasts are great). Put in a large pot, cover with cold water, bring to a boil, then boil about two of three minutes, then remove from heat and cool. Keep cold until use.
- 2Place sesame seeds in a small shallow pan and toast over low heat until they begin to turn golden. Set aside.
- 3In a small bowl, cream together the peanut butter with about 1 tbsp sesame oil until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients one at a time, stirring as you go. Taste for heat and adjust according to taste.
- 4Slice chicken and place on serving dish.
- 5Spoon sauce over chicken.
- 6scatter sesame seeds and scallions on top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Peanut Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.7
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 51.7 mg
- Sodium 616.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 17.1 g