Recipe by WI Cheesehead
From Vegetarian Times. Good hot or cold. I use Bragg's Liquid Amino Acids for the soy sauce. It's a lot lower sodium.
Top Review by Rose is Rose
We absolutely loved this recipe! I made it as written exactly, using a 9.5 oz. package Udon noodles. I tasted it and decided it didn't have enough sauce for me, so quickly made another batch of sauce. It was perfect! I will be making this often! WI Cheesehead, thanks for another great recipe!
- 3 tablespoons natural-style peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine or 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes or 1⁄2 teaspoon chili sauce
- 10 ounces udon noodles or 10 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 1⁄2 lb napa cabbage, shredded (about 4 C)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together peanut butter, sesame oil, soy sauce, sherry, vinegar, sugar and red pepper flakes in saucepan.
- In separate pot, cook noodles according to pkg directions.
- Meanwhile, place cabbage in colander over sink.
- Warm sauce over medium-low heat.
- Drain noodles over cabbage in colander to wilt cabbage.
- Transfer noodles and cabbage to serving bowl, add sauce and toss to combine well.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.