Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This simple way to cook carrots is one of the most popular vegetable dishes we make at work. The smell and taste is great with the addition of the sesame oil.
- 1⁄2 kg fresh, peeled carrot
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, tossed in a dry pan over a medium heat until golden
- salt and pepper
- Cut the carrots in 3 pieces, then each piece in half.
- I would cut the chunky end into 4 if it was very big.
- Place in a baking tray and roll in the 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes in a moderate oven.
- Remove the cover and sprinkle over the sesame oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Return uncovered to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with the toasted sesame seeds.
This recipe takes an ordinary veggie and turns it inot a fabulous side dish without a lot a work. YUMMY! Everyone loved it!
If you want to try something a little different try this delicious carrot recipe. The smell is indeed wonderful, but the flavour is awesome!
Jan, these carrots were delightful! I made them exactly as directed as per your instructions and they came out perfectly. I served them with Miss Annie's Crockpot Chicken and Herb Dumplings, recipe #35005 and they proved to be the perfect side dish. Thank you so much for posting a this recipe! I am always looking for a new way to prepare carrots, and you have delivered just that!