Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The sesame seeds give this dressing depth. Great on a wide range of salad ingredients...spinach leaves, shredded cabbage, etc.
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil, such as canola
- Place the vinegar, sugar, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, onion, Worcestershire sauce, paprika and salt in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until most of the sesame seeds are ground (stop the motor several times and scrape down the sides of the container). Scrape the contents into a small bowl, then whisk in the vegetable oil in a slow, steady stream.