Apple and Toasted Pecan Salad With Honey Poppy Seed Dressing
This recipe is from my friend Joan and is one of our favorites. I am guessing on the amounts for the salad ingredients. You can proportion them to taste or based on how many people you are feeding. The dressing recipe makes enough for two good-sized salads. You can make this a main dish salad by adding cooked chicken.
- Ready In:
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and torn
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries or 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 fuji apple, diced
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Proportion salad ingredients to personal taste.
- Combine dressing ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Toss dressing with salad just before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Terrific salad! I made the version with a cooked chicken breast as a meal and loved it. I made per directions but found I did not have cider vinegar, so used rice vinegar instead. I believe it would have more "pop" with the cider vinegar. I may try adding a bit of lemon zest to the dressing next time for a different flavor. Thanks for posting, Al Al, this one's a keeper!