1/2 Photos of Senegalese Sweet Potato, Rice and Beans Stew
Posted by Geri on www.ivu.org, posting for ZWT 7, Africa. I am cutting the recipe down as the original serves 17!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In one big pot or vat, saute chopped garlic and onions.
- 2When translucent, add tomato paste and mix it in thoroughly.
- 3Then add water (about 5 cups)- when it boils add vegetable bouillion cube, beans, carrots and yams, pepper, hot pepper and salt.
- 4Boil until beans are tender.
- 5Then add rice.
- 6Boil 10 minutes covered, then 10 minutes uncovered.
- 7Don't stir until the very end.
- 8You may need to add some more water.
- 9If it is too watery, boil it uncovered some more.
Browse Our Top Vegan Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegan Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Senegalese Sweet Potato, Rice and Beans Stew
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.7
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 917.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable bouillon cubes