Recipe by drhousespcatcher
Serve with Fresh vanilla ice cream and some fresh whipped cream from the Retro Diner cookbook by Linda Everett
Top Review by chefie jeffie
The quantities for sugar and milk in the recipe are reversed. Also, if you bake it for 45 minutes at 375 you'll wind up with a fruit cinder - as opposed to a fruit slump. Otherwise this is a wonderful dish.
- 1 quart blackberry, washed and stemmed
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In greased baking dish pour in berries and sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups sugar. Use less if the berries are very sweet.
- In a separate bowl combine the other ingredients.
- Pour flour mix over berries. Bake 45 minutes or until the crust is light brown and bubbly.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream and/or vanilla ice cream. And don't forget to tip the waitress.