Vanilla Ice Cream Swirled With Fresh Berry Puree
Simple and oh-so-delicious. Created by Bobby Flay.
- Ready In:
- 1 pint fresh blackberries (you can substitute other berries)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 quart premium vanilla ice cream, softened slightly
- Combine the blackberries, sugar and lemon juice in a nonreactive bowl.
- Let the berries macerate, covered, at room temperature until the juices have run, about 1 hour.
- Gently mash berries with a spoon.
- Place the softened ice cream in a large bowl and fold in the berry mixture.
- *If you prefer, you could just drizzle the sauce on top of individual servings of ice cream*.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I preferred to drizzle the sauce over the ice cream...it took away the waiting time...we really enjoyed it...I made it with the blackberries...still don't like the seeds...this is very tasty and I used splenda instead of sugar to cut down the calories...this will be made again...in fact I still have some of the sauce and ice cream...made for "Beach Party"...tag game1Reply
Wow, who can resist such an easy yet deliciously sweet treat! I used strawberries (they were the freshest in the store at the time), and it was such a wonderful way to improve a simple bowl of vanilla ice cream. The most difficult part was waiting for the ice cream to freeze enough to scoop it into bowls It made for a wonderful treat on this hot summer day. Thank you, LifeIsGood.1Replies 1
see 14 more