Recipe by Hill Family
This is a creamy filling soup that is great on cold days. Super easy and made with ingredients you probably have on hand.
Top Review by AmyMCGS
This was easy comfort food on a chilly night. The chili peppers gave a subtle flavor, but even my 4 year-old ate this without complaint. I added mushrooms, and I used leftover cooked rice, so I just stirred it in about twenty minutes before serving to heat it through. I also used two cans of mushroom soup, as I'm out of chicken. Thanks for sharing!
- 473.18-946.36 ml cooked chicken (precooked, shredded or chopped)
- 59.14 ml chopped onion
- 304.75 g can Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup
- 304.75 g can Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
- 113.39 g can green chilies
- 14.79 ml garlic salt
- 7.39 ml pepper
- 4.92 ml seasoning salt
- 236.59 ml rice (I use brown)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour two soup cans into crock pot, fill the soup cans each with water and pour into the crock pot. Mix together well.
- Add spices, onion, chicken and chilis, mix again.
- ** During the last hour of cooking add the rice.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- You can also let this thicken up and serve in tortillas.