Crock-Pot Chicken, Rice, & Beans
Another easy meal to make in the crock pot.
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 40mins
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, frozen
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, do not drain
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant rice, uncooked
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Mix the salsa, water, & taco seasoning in a crock pot. Place the frozen breasts in the mixture then sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Cover with a lid & cook on low for 3 hours. Uncover, flip over the breasts then stir in the black beans. Recover & continue to cook for another 2 1/2 hours.
- Shred the chicken breasts then place back into the pot. Add in the cream cheese & stir until melted.
- Turn off the heat, pour in the uncooked rice, stir then cover. Let sit for 12 minutes then spoon onto plates & top with shredded cheese (if using).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This recipe was awesome! I think next time I will mix the shredded cheese & some sour cream in right before serving. I might also try adding a can of corn & a can of diced tomatoes when I add the beans. I also needed to add about 1/2 c water to the crock pot when I mixed in the rice. Thanks for this easy delicious meal!