Crock Pot Chicken & Rice II
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 5mins
- Spray crockpot with cooking spray or place liner in crockpot.
- Place chicken broth, soup and seasonings in and stir.
- Stir in rice and millet.
- Place drumsticks on top and sprinkle with paprika.
- Cook 5-6 hours on low.
- If needed, add up to 1 cup water while cooking.
- This will set up like the original campbell soup recipe.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Sorry, but this recipe didn't work for me. After 5 hours (on LOW) rice was mushy, extremely overcooked. It might work if you cook only the chicken in the crock (with less liquid) and serve it on separately cooked rice? I also added spices, otherwise it would be extremely plain. (What do Americans have against salt? Most recipes have no salt at all!)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in the Home of Sliced Bread. My little town in Missouri is where the first loaf of bread was sliced by machine, many years ago. <br /><br /><br />My favorite cookbook is recipezaar. I used to collect cookbooks, but I've given away all but my most cherished ones which belonged to my Grandma. I shop at an Amish community for my dry goods as much as possible. Right now, I'm in a canning phase and I probably will be until I'm too old to cut the mustard.</p>