Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
I love tuna salad. This one is a little different from my old stand-by in that it uses dill pickles instead of sweet pickles. The combination of ingredients tasted good to me.
- 8 ounces small shell pasta, cooked as directed on package and drained
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) can albacore tuna in water, drained
- 1⁄4 cup diced dill pickle
- 1⁄2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- chopped lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- In a large mixing bowl, add the first 5 ingredients; stir to mix.
- Add in mayo, salt, and pepper; stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Line individual salad plates with lettuce; mound tuna salad on top; garnish with tomato wedges.
This is simple to make and tastes delicious. I have made this several times for family and as a dish to pass at parties. I like to add about a 1/4 cup of finely chopped celery for a bit of crunch. I often serve this salad with cantaloupe and club crackers. Thanks!
This is fabulous! I use to make this years ago. Thanks for posting it. Now I have it in a safe place since I lost my recipe years ago. 5 stars +!