Candied Dill Pickles
These taste like "homemade" but with a fraction of the effort. I like to keep a jar of them in the refrigerator to add to tuna salad and sandwiches.
- Ready In:
- 1 quart whole dill pickle (any brand off the shelf)
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons mixed pickling spices
- Drain pickles discarding liquid.
- Cut the pickles into 1/4-inch slices (I actually like them cut a little thicker than this... between 1/4-inch and 1/2-inch).
- Place cut pickles back into the jar.
- Tie the pickling spices into a piece of muslin and place into the jar.
- Heat vinegar and sugar just until sugar dissolves.
- Pour over pickles.
- Refrigerate pickles for four days, shaking the jar each day.
- At the end of one week, remove the bag of spices.
- Pickles are ready to use after four days and keep indefinitely in the refrigerator.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION