Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I haven't tried it yet but it sounds so good. Simple prep with pineapple, mango, cucumber, red bell pepper, cilantro, lime juice and jalapeno. Sounds refreshing for a summer dinner or nice lunch. I would consider it for a first course too.
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple, diced
- 1⁄2 cup mango, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, minced
- 20 sea scallops
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients except for the salt, pepper and scallops.
- Toss well. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Coat the pan with cooking spray.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
- Add half the scallops and sear, turning once, about 2 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- Repeat with the remaining half of the scallops.
- Top with the salsa and serve.
This is great on a hot summer evening. Can also pass as a main course when served on a bed of greens.