Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I haven't tried these yet, but they look really good. Also from the Better Homes and Gardens August 2005 issue.
- 4 medium peaches or 4 medium nectarines or 4 medium apples
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon malt vinegar
- maple syrup
- Slice fruit crosswise about 1/4 inch thick, cutting around pit to form rings. For apples, core and slice crosswise; set aside.
- In a bowl compine flour, sugar, and baking soda. Make well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In another bowl whisk togther eggs, milk, melted butter, and vinegar. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir until moistened.
- Add about 1 teaspoons butter to a hot, large nonstick skillet or griddle. Place a peach slice on hot skillet. Pour or spread a scant 1/4 cup batter over peach slice. Cook over medium heat about 2 minutes on each side until pancakes are golden brown, turning when pancakes have bubbly surfaces and edges are slightly dry. Repeat with remaining batter and peach slices; add butter to skillet as needed. Serve warm with maple syrup.