Peach Pancakes With Raspberry Sauce
photo by KateL
- Ready In:
- 1 pint raspberries, if frozen thawed
- 2 tablespoons honey, liquid
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur (optional) or 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier (optional)
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream, frozen (optional)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 peach halves in syrup, fresh-peeled and finely chopped (Canned, drained and finely chopped)
- Sauce Prepare sauce by placing all ingredients except for ice cream in blender.
- Reserve raspberry sauce and ice cream for garnish.
- Pancakes-6 Combine egg, butter and milk.
- In a seperate bowl add flour, salt, sugar and baking powder together.
- Quickly combine flour mixture to egg mixture.
- Heat griddle and butter lightly.
- Pour batter onto pan, when partially cooked add peaches to each pancake.
- Cook for 1 minute then turn.
- When pancakes are ready served garnished with ice cream scope and raspberry sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Quick yumminess! Perfect for Valentine's Day or Birthday breakfast or "need-to-report-a-fender-bender" softener... The peach pancakes by themselves were fantastic! Then the raspberry sauce was "icing on the (pan)cake". If you have any sauce left over, may I suggest a Bellini? Our fresh raspberries were so pretty we reserved a few from the sauce. This goes into my A1 Regular Rotation and Best of 2014 cookbooks! Made for Rookie Recipe Tag.
Well, I also omitted the ice cream (but didn't use whipped cream, either), although another time, when I have company who will appreciate it, I definitely DO want to make this recipe as written (well, except for the liqueur, which I'll leave out)! Your combo of peaches & raspberries is GREAT! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Tagged, made & reviewed in the Summer Salad & Berry Recipe Challange]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a very lucky lady. I recently moved to a very small town in New Brunswick, Canada with my wonderful husband who is my best friend. Very fortunate to have a cherished son, wonderful daughter in law and adorable granddaughter and cute wee grandson. We are very blessed. A big thank you to everyone that has made my recipes... hope you enjoyed them.