Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is my favorite spring and summer salad. It's a great opening act for any seafood dinner and it makes a really good snack or appetizer. I like it with Captain's Wafers. After mixing it, I pack it into individual 1 cup containers so it's ready to grab and go. I take it to work for lunch quite often. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked, peeled and de-veined, 41-60 count
- 24 ounces imitation crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Accent seasoning (MSG)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cut each shrimp into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Chop crabmeat into pieces about the size of the shrimp pieces.
- Mix all ingredeints together and chill for 4 hours to let the flavors blend.
- It looks like a lot of mayo at first but after it's chilled it doesn't look like so much.
This was light and refreshing! I only used about 1 Tbs mayo and the rest was plain Greek yogurt; trying to cut out bad fats... I also used green onions rather than white onion since they are milder. I made 1/2 the recipe since I am the only one in the house that eats seafood and served it wrapped in a spinach wrap with lettuce, tomato and avocado. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
i loved it, we dont buy mayo, so i used whipped dressing, oooo so tasty. next time i will add pinapple n brocoli for expermentation