Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Yum! Always a hit at parties! This recipe makes a lot, enough to fill a 9X13 dish. You may wish to cut the recipe in half for smaller gatherings (but I don't recommend it - this stuff goes fast!) Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 cup seafood cocktail sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese (finely shredded)
- 1 cup imitation crabmeat (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup shrimp (small, peeled)
- 1 green pepper (diced small)
- 1 tomatoes (seeded, chopped small)
- 4 -5 green onions (finely chopped)
- Combine the softened cream cheese and ranch dressing together. Spread cheese mixture over the bottom of a 9X13 dish.
- Pour seafood cocktail sauce over the cheese layer and spread thinly.
- Sprinkle the shredded Cheddar cheese over top of the cocktail sauce layer.
- Sprinkle the remaining toppings (imitation crab, shrimp, green pepper, tomato and green onions)over the layers.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate for an hour before serving.
I probably wouldn't have even thought to try this recipe because I never thought of seafood in a layer dip. However, I tried a similar recipe when they were passing out samples at the grocery store. They were selling it for something like $7.99 a pound. I didn't want to spend that much money on it, so I wrote down the ingredients and searched for similar recipes. This recipe is great! I used fat free wherever I could and it still tasted great. But you definitely want to let this sit overnight. We ate it after only 2 or 3 hours in the refrigerator, but the leftovers the next day were much better. This would be perfect for a party since it can be made in advance and that only enhances the flavor. I am so glad I found this recipe!