Recipe by caseym
November is a great time to have friends over for a Saturday night dinner party. Our seafood lasagna is low in fat and calories for your guests who are watching their waistlines…or saving room for dessert. Serve with a tossed salad and some good crusty bread. Enjoy!
- 4 ounces lasagna noodles
- 28 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 6 ounces cooked baby shrimp, thawed and drained
- 4 ounces surimi, thawed and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup shredded lowfat mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Prepare lasagna according to package directions.
- Empty spaghetti sauce into saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes until thickened and reduced to about 3 cups; stir in shrimp and Surimi Seafood.
- Combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley and pepper in small bowl.
- To assemble lasagna, place half of noodles in 8 x 8 inch casserole dish. Top with half of seafood sauce and drop half of ricotta mixture by small teaspoonsful on top. Sprinkle with half of mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- You can find this along with other great shrimp recipes at www.eatshrimp.com.