Recipe by CristyLyn
It's seafood and it's dinner... fish, shrimp, and scallops simmered in broth that is very tasty!
Top Review by Stuffed
This was really, really tasty. Not to mention easy to make. I didn't have any white fish and neither did my small town grocery store so I used imitation crab instead and it worked out wonderfully! I served it with a warm sourdough baguette.
- 453.59 g scallops (I prefer the small ones)
- 453.59 g shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 680.38 g cod (or other mild white fish)
- 453.59 g jar salsa (mild or hot, your choice)
- 236.59 ml dry white wine
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 1 lemon
- 29.58 ml butter (not margarine)
- 14.79-29.58 ml olive oil
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- Cut fish into large chunks and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste and brown lightly in oil and butter (about 1 minute per side).
- Remove fish from pan and set aside.
- Add wine (careful to keep wine from direct heat while pouring into pan) and deglaze pan.
- Stir in jar of salsa and chicken broth. Let broth simmer over medium heat until liquid begins to bubble.
- Add scallops and shrimp to broth, stir gently, cover, and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cut lemon in half, squeeze juice into pan.
- Add fish back to pan and gently stir.
- Replace cover and simmer another 6-7 minutes.
- Serve in large bowls with crunchy bread and enjoy!