Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a very delicious seafood quiche, I have made this quite often for a luncheons, everyone just loves it. This recipe make 2, 8-inch pies, just divide all ingredients evenly between the two pie shells. If my memory serves me right, I believe the original recipe called for one large deep-dish, 10-inch pie plate, but I prefer to make it into two, 8-inch pies.
Top Review by EppiRN
Quite tasty! I followed some other suggestions here and make the entire recipe into one deep-dish pie plate. Although, I did only use 4oz total of cream cheese (half of what recipe calls for), after reading comments. I used a combination of shrimp, bay scallops and crab meat (to total 1lbs) and it was excellent!! Cooked it an extra 10 minutes just to be sure it was set. A nice treat for my non-meat-eating guests!! Thanks, will keep this one!
- 2 unbaked pie pastry (use 8 or 9-inch)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery (or to suit taste)
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped (or to suit taste)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 lb grated swiss cheese
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp, shelled, deveined
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whole milk or 1 cup half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 425F degrees.
- In a saute pan, melt the butter, and saute the onion and the celery, until soft.
- Add in the shrimp, cook until the shrimp are pink in colour; set aside.
- Divide the cream cheese in half, and cut the cream cheese into 1/4 inch pieces; sprinkle evenly into the bottom of the two pie crusts.
- Top with the sauteed shrimp/onion mixture.
- Top with the grated Swiss cheese.
- Mix together the milk and eggs; divide evenly between the two pie crusts.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 425F degrees.
- Reduce the temperature to 350F degrees, bake for 30 minutes more.