Crustless Crab Quiche
photo by dalecunningham14
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 large eggs (I use Egg Beaters)
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (375 degrees for glass plate).
- Spray a 9" pie plate with non-stick spray.
- Combine chopped crab, onion and cheese.
- Press into pie plate.
- Beat together remaining ingredients except paprika and pour over the crab.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 30 minutes.
Deliciously light. <br/>I altered the recipe slightly. I used green onions because I had some I needed to use and added a cup of thawed chopped spinach because my family doesn't believe it's a quiche without spinach. :o). Also, since I added in the spinach I threw in another egg.<br/>The only change I'd like to try in the future would be to add a pinch of old bay seasoning to the crab mixture.<br/>All in all, it's a wonderful weeknight meal when served with a salad on the side.
see 71 more reviews
What a great recipe - it wasn't my favorite because it was a little onion-y for my taste, but my kids ate it up (acutally I only took one bite and my 14 month old ate the rest of my slice). It dissappeared at a potluck I took it. It was so easy to make too. I used minced onion instead of fresh, and I only had a 5oz can of evaporated milk so I used that and some 1% milk, To make up for the blandness some people mentioned I included 1 dash worcheshire sauce and 5 drops of hot sauce. I used a glass pie plate and need to add about 8 minutes to the baking time.