1/5 Photos of Seafood Corn Chowder
Brooke the Cook in WI's Note:
This makes a big pot of thick seafood chowder, you almost need a fork to eat it! You can find crab and shrimp combo in the refrigerator section near the seafood - you could sub 1 can crab meat and 1 can baby shrimp if you can't locate the crab/shrimp combo.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 (15 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (17 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn, drained (or 1 cup frozen corn)
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- 1 (7 ounce) package crab, and shrimp combo (see note above)
- 1Heat saucepan over medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray and saute onions until transparent.
- 2Add potato, bay leaf, marjoram, cayenne and chicken broth. Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat and cook until potato is soft, 8-10 minutes.
- 3Add creamed corn, canned corn, milk and freshly ground pepper.
- 4Over medium-high heat, heat until hot, not boiling.
- 5Add red peppers and the package of crab/shrimp, continue stirring until heated through, 2-4 minutes.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.5
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 20.7 mg
- Sodium 1116.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 12.9 g