Recipe by Donna H
My husband is allergic to ALL seafood so I remove the sausage and vegetables before adding the seafood so he can enjoy it too. Note: If you'd like to cook everything together then skip step 4. Also may need to add the asparagus when you add the seafood so it doesn't over cook. Adjust the amounts of seafood to your liking.
- 3 gallons water
- 2⁄3 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 2 (4 ounce) packagesdry crab boil (I'm guessing at the size)
- 1 cup liquid crab boil concentrate
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 3 lemons, halved
- 3 yellow onions, peeled and quartered
- 3 heads garlic, unpeeled and cut in halve
- 1 tablespoon emeril's creole seasoning (or your favorite)
- 5 bay leaves
- 24 -36 ounces beer
- 12 new potatoes
- 3 ears corn, cut into thirds
- 1 lb asparagus, ends trimmed
- 6 lbs live crawfish
- 6 lbs large shrimp, head on
- 1 dozen live crab
- 1 cup melted butter, as an accompaniment
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a stock pot with a basket insert combine the stock ingredients and bring to a boil. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Add the sausage, potatoes and corn, cover and return to a boil, boil 5 minutes.
- Add asparagus and boil for 5 minutes or until asparagus is done.
- Remove vegetables.
- Return stock to a boil.
- Add the crawfish, shrimp and crab, cover and turn off the flame.
- Allow the mixture to steep for 15–20 minutes.