Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This gives plain old eggs a real kick
- 10 eggs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons canned corn kernels
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ounce butter
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed
Sweet chilli sauce
- 4 red chilies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 ounces sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- First make the chilli suace. Put the red chillis, sugar, white wine vinegar and water in a saucepan and heat gently until sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil then turn down heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until thick and syrupy.
- Take off heat and leave to cool, then stir in the lemon juice, coriander and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and stir in onion, chilli, sweetcorn and salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan then add the egg mix. Cook over a medium heat, stirring all the time, until the eggs are softly scrambled.
- Take pan off the heat straight away and add cheese to eggs. Place eggs on top of warm tortilla, and top with sweet chilli sauce.
- You may want to add extra cheese, chillis, or coriander on top.