Prep 1 min
Cook 2 mins
My son asks for this almost every morning for breakfast. I like it because I don't really have to mess up the kitchen & it is quick. Different wattage microwaves may cause a slight change in the times that you cook. Using less eggs will change the time as well. If you forget the cooking spray, clean up is not as easy.
- Spray a serving bowl with cooking spray.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl, and stir up with a fork, making sure the yolks are broken.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover the bowl with a paper towel and microwave for 1 minute.
- Remove from the microwave and cut the cooked parts of the eggs with a knife and fork.
- Return to the microwave, cover, and cook for 1 more minute.
- Remove from the microwave, cut the eggs up and top with a pat of butter if you wish.
- As an option, put chunked ham or bacon in the eggs while cooking. Great as well with a small spoon of cheez whiz mixed in after it is done cooking.
This was such a fun recipe, easy and quick and actually looked really pretty on the plate. I had an extra egg yolk left over from making meringue cookies so added that to it with some fresh grated chedder cheese and it puffed up like a cheese souffle (sp)and did at the pat of butter on the plate. What a great idea when you are in a hurry and don't want to make a mess. Think this could have a lot of additions, maybe bacan or ham - yum and what an easy way to make that egg bagel sandwich in the morning.
It's easy to cook. I added a slice of american cheese a minute before it was ready. Made a great breakfast with hash browns and thick sliced toast. Thank you!