Easiest Protein Fruit Breakfast Bowl
photo by FLKeysJen
- Ready In:
1 breakfast bowl
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1 tablespoon almond butter or 1 tablespoon peanut butter (I'm sure any other nut butter would work just as well)
- 1 1 tablespoon maple syrup or 1 tablespoon honey
- 3⁄4 cup fresh strawberries, halved
- 1⁄2 banana, sliced
- Blend the yogurt, nut butter and syrup together using an immersion blender or even by hand.
- If you do it by hand, place the nut butter in a bowl and whisk rapidly, first gradually adding the yogurt and whisking until incorporated, and then stirring in the syrup.
- With a blender, well, we all know how to do that!
- Placed the chopped fruit in another bowl and pour the dressing over it.
- Mix well and refrigerate overnight, or until ready to serve.
- In the morning, grab this bowl from the fridge, grab a large spoon and dig in!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Anu, this is absolutely "YUMMY"! I had been fasting all day today and in the evening after prayers I broke my fast with this delicious fruit bowl! I fell in love with it the minute I had the first spoon! I used a combo of 1/2 a red apple(unpeeled and chopped), 1/2 a fresh peach(peeled and chopped) and a small banana(sliced). For the dressing, I used a combo of yogurt, peanut butter(smooth) and honey. I refrigerated the fruit bowl with the dressing for an hour and a half. The banana in this is really the best. It was sooooo yummy!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Rating this the way I made it - 1/2 banana with one tablespoon each yogurt and almond butter (based on another's review and the pictures). Though the almond butter is quite different from anything I have ever bought before (it is a crema di mandorla by Fiasconaro - an Italian product that Whole Foods carries) and is much more flavorful and delicious than what I have tried before. It is also already sweetened, so I left that part out. I ate this on the spot, instead of refrigerating it (personal preference), and really loved it.
see 6 more reviews