1/1 Photo of Scrambled Egg Casserole
This is a great brunch casserole, plan ahead as this casserole needs to sit in fridge for 2-3 hours before baking or just prepare a day ahead and bake the next day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 all-purpose tablespoons flour
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (I use seasoned salt)
- 2 cups milk (or 2 light cream)
- 1 cup shredded Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham (can use more)
- 2 large green onions, chopped
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 1/2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- additional sliced green onion, for top
- 1In a med saucepan melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- 2Add flour, salt and pepper; cook and stir until mixture begins to bubble.
- 3Gradually stir in milk; cook until thickened and bubbly; stirring constantly.
- 4Remove from heat then mix in the Velveeta cheese until melted; set aside.
- 5In a large skillet, saute ham and onions in 3 tablespoons of butter until the green onions are tender (about 2 minutes).
- 6Add eggs; cook over med heat, stirring occasionally until eggs begin to set.
- 7Add the mushrooms and cheese sauce; mix well.
- 8Pour into greased 11x7 baking dish.
- 9Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs.
- 10Sprinkle over top of casserole.
- 11Cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours or overnight.
- 12Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- 13Bake uncovered in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 25-30 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scrambled Egg Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.5
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 445.2 mg
- Sodium 862.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 24.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: