Breakfast Sausage and Egg Casserole
I first had this dish at a baby shower brunch about 20 years ago. It's as good today as it was back then. You may assemble it the night before and bake in the morning. Also yummy when the family wants "breakfast for dinner."
- Ready In:
- 1 lb country sausage (hot)
- 6 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 slices stale bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons onions, chopped
- Brown sausage in skillet. Drain.
- Spread sausage in bottom of 11 X 7 X 2” baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over sausage.
- Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a yummy casserole. Followed the receipe the first time and the second time I made it I used the biscuits (cut in half) on the bottom, added 2 diced apples sauted in butter to the egg mixture. Let it sit overnight in the refrigerator. Family and friends loved it! There are so many ways to make this delicious casserole. Very easy.Reply
Big hit with the guests! I made these small modifications: used spicy italian sausage (what I had), used three fresh slices whole wheat sandwich bread, and used green onion instead of white onions. It was absolutely gorgeous cooked in a decorative pie plate, and tasted even better. A bit on the salty side, but that could have been my sausage or cheese.Reply
see 5 more