Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The recipe comes from Fleischmann's yeast company.
Make and share this Scandinavian Beer Bread ( Breadmaker 1 1/2 Lb. Loaf) recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup water (70º to 80ºF)
- 3⁄4 cup light beer or 3⁄4 cup dark beer
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons light molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anise seed
- 2 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 3⁄4 cup medium rye flour
- 1 tablespoon gluten (optional)
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Measure all ingredients into bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Process in basic/white bread or whole wheat cycle: medium/normal crust setting.
- Timed-bake feature can be used.
- Remove baked bread from pan and cool on wire rack.
- To make Crisp Bread Slices: Cool bread at least 2 hours.
- Thinly slice.
- Remove crusts and cut into squares or triangles.
- Or use cookie cutters to cut out holiday shapes.
- To crisp, place slices on baking sheets.
- Brush lightly with melted butter.
- Bake at 375ºF for 5 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Serve with fruit- or herb-flavored cream cheese or thinly sliced meats and cheeses.