3 hrs 20 mins
The recipe comes from Fleischmann's yeast company.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup water (70º to 80ºF)
- 3/4 cup light beer or 3/4 cup dark beer
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons light molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon anise seed
- 2 1/4 cups bread flour
- 3/4 cup medium rye flour
- 1 tablespoon gluten (optional)
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1Measure all ingredients into bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- 2Process in basic/white bread or whole wheat cycle: medium/normal crust setting.
- 3Timed-bake feature can be used.
- 4Remove baked bread from pan and cool on wire rack.
- 5To make Crisp Bread Slices: Cool bread at least 2 hours.
- 6Thinly slice.
- 7Remove crusts and cut into squares or triangles.
- 8Or use cookie cutters to cut out holiday shapes.
- 9To crisp, place slices on baking sheets.
- 10Brush lightly with melted butter.
- 11Bake at 375ºF for 5 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 12Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 13Serve with fruit- or herb-flavored cream cheese or thinly sliced meats and cheeses.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scandinavian Beer Bread ( Breadmaker 1 1/2 Lb. Loaf)
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.4
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 147.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 2.5 g