Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Something to use up those garden-fresh tomatoes!
- 3 1⁄2 cups peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup cheese crackers, in crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups seasoned croutons
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- Pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Layer half each of first 5 ingredients in a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Spread sour cream on top, sprinkle with croutons and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake 10 more minutes and serve.
Awesome! Loved that creamy topping! I used my garden fresh cherry tomatoes, each cut into quarters. I used an even 4 cups of the tomatoes..... I have lots of them! Thanx for a new tasty tomato casserole.
yummy! I used tinned plum tomatoes as the supermarket ones no longer have any flavour, and I was really pleased with the flavour of this dish and the fact that I had it on the table so quickly. Great side for a steak or chop.